With the temperature climbing over 100°F daily, we’ve turned to cooling summer salads here at Sagehenge*. The first salad I have to share is the incredibly tasty, cooling, and simple “Mediterranean salad”:
- 3 Cucumbers, peeled, quartered lengthwise, and sliced thinly
- 8-10oz of cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4-1/2 red onion, sliced very thinly (“shaved”)
- Red wine vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Ricotta salata or Feta cheese (optional)
Combine the first three ingredients, dress with oil and vinegar, season with salt and pepper. Let sit for an hour before serving (or up to 3 days, refrigerated; may need a touch more salt after sitting that long.)
Serve with crumbled cheese (optional).
* “Sagehenge” is the new name for our house.